Friday, November 12, 2010

Cake, a symbol of love.....

I baked this cake for Sha. She wanted to surprise her niece with a cake on her engagement day. As she gave me only ONE day to come up with a cake, I designed something very simple ...and sweet (I hope ;) )






 When the cake was done, I was not entirely satisfied. I shouldn't have coloured it pink!!! 
On hindsight, I felt that it would stand out more if I did it in reversed, i.e. the border in pink and the main coating in white....*what do you think?*

Oh well, it's too late to reverse the process or did another cake as Sha would be arriving in 15 minutes to pick up the cake!

foodnote : Victoria sandwich cake with buttercream.

2 comments:

  1. hye...im aliya...
    thanks for baked a sweet cake
    for my engagement...
    the cake is quiet simple but i like it
    i enjoy eating the cake..
    i really appreciated ur hardwork to baked a cake
    for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Aliya...glad to hear you enjoy the cake :)

    ReplyDelete