Thursday, November 11, 2010

It all began with.....

Sometime on 22 May 2010....


Poppy : Mom, can you NOT bake me a cake for my birthday this year?
SugaReina : Why???
Poppy : Because you always bake me chocolate cake or chocolate orange cake. Can we buy my birthday cake from S***** R***** ??
SugaReina : What cake do you want from S***** R*****?
Poppy : Can we have Chocolate Mud Cake?
SugaReina : *huh????*


Huh ??? I thought she did not want chocolate cake..and by that I thought it would cover all kinds and varieties of chocolate flavoured cakes....mmmm

Felt slightly *just slightly* challenged, I started cracking my head for ideas on how to impress Poppy...I was adamant that I WILL bake her a birthday cake...come what may


That night, after she went to bed....I started baking this :)




The next morning, she was so surprised to see this on the dining table...."WOW !! so pretty!!! is this for me???"
Seeing the excitement and happiness in her eyes....it was worth burning the midnight oil and slaving over a hot oven .....and so my sweet journey began :)

p/s : she forgot about the cake from S***** R***** ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment