Sunday, December 19, 2010

How to make Mexican coffee buns

YEAY!!!!! I finally conquered my fear!! I finally brave myself baking bread :P

This is my very first buns, known as Mexican Coffee Buns, also known as Rotiboy in my country :)
It is a sweet bun with creamy buttery filling and top with crystalised sweet coffee topping. Ultra delicious eaten warm :))




My very first mexican buns


For those who asked for the recipe, I share with you the recipe I used for my maiden buns.

Personally, I think this recipe need to be modified as the buns were not as sweet as those you find in stores....but then again may be it was my mistake because maybe I did not put as much filling as I should. Also I find the topping a bit runny - I'm not sure if its supposed to be that way....

Anyway Happy Trying ~ hope you share with me your baking experience (and also end product...perhaps ;P)

Ingredients
4 cups flour
40gm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 cup fresh milk
1 egg
30gm butter

Topping ~ mix together well
120gm butter -melted
120gm icing sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
2 eggs
120gm flour

Butter filling ~ :mix together
1 stick butter
2 cups sugar



1. To make the dough - Mix all the ingrediens in to a dough except the butter you add in last.
2. Knead to a soft non sticky dough.Leave aside to rise while making the top.
3. Divide each dough into small sized buns. Roll and add fillings.
4. Place on greased tray apart. Put topping on top of the bun.
5. Leave to rise. Bake in preheated oven at 200 C for 20 mins.
6. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment